Monday, October 24, 2011

Untill The Very End. (free topic)


I remember that day perfectly, I was so young but I remember it like it was yesterday, it was the day I fell in love, obsessed maybe?   It was a magical day and ever since that day everything changed, ever since that day I call myself a muggle. Yes, it was the day I went to see the first Harry Potter movie in theaters.
Harry Potter has been with me more than half of my life. Even thought is fantasy I can say is didactic in some way. 10 years, 7 books, 9 movies. J.K. Rowling is definitely brilliant and I am forever grateful for allowing her books to be brought to life in the big screen. We, who have love Harry Potter, are called the Harry Potter generation. I have read all the book, I've seen all the movies, I own all the movies; twice, since I've seen them so much that they are all scratched and worn out even though I cherish them so much.  But In summer 2010 was more than just screen and pages for me; it was a momentous event in my life. I was going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Island of Adventure in Orlando Florida and God was I excited! When I was finally thereat and I walked through that entrance I was in shock, speechless, paralyzed. I just walked in and stood there for minutes admiring everything at once. It was fantastic! Specially the enormity of Hogwarts (the castle). Everything was so real it was unreal; it was like being in the movies. If I ever loved Harry Potter it was nothing compared on how much I loved it now at that moment. But that year it was the beginning of the end.
November of 2010 was a milestone; it was when the first part of the last movie of Harry Potter was going to be released. I was there the day it came out, first hour, I could not wait any longer after going to the Wizarding World. And this year everything ended. "It all ends 7.15" July 15, saddest day of my life. I didn't know how I felt; I was so excited for watching the movie but at the same time I didn't want it to end, therefore I didn't want that day to come. But J.K. Rowling said ”No story lives unless someone wants to listen. The stories we love best do live in us forever. So, whether you come back page by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” and I realized it wasn't over. The story, like she said, lives in us forever.    

No comments:

Post a Comment